Local NP Running for Martin County School Board
Dr. Jennifer Doak, ARNP, one of our Treasure Coast NP members, is running for the Martin County School Board, District 1.
The primary election is August 26, 2014. Jenny would appreciate our support!
We need more nurses and nurse practitioners in elected positions!
Dr. Jennifer Doak, ARNP
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
DNP from University of Florida 2010
PNP from University of Florida 1998
MSN from Florida Atlantic University (Family Nurse track) 1996
BSN from Florida State University 1978
- 23 years experience teaching nursing and epidemiology at Indian River State College
- Worked as nurse practitioner for New Horizons Children's Crisis Unit, Florida Community Health Center Okeechobee Fred Brown Center, and currently starting with Maxim Solutions at DJJ (Division of Juvenile Justice) - part time
- Emergency room nurse - part time
- Post graduate work in curriculum and instructional design
- Founding member of the HANDS clinic (Health Access Network Delivery Systems)
- Featured article in summer 2014 Gator Nurse
- Volunteer of the year 2005/2008 St Lucie Co Health Department
The website has more details about the election and candidates, including candidate responses to important issue questions.
If you need more information about registering to vote, where to go to vote, absentee ballots, etc: Click Here
(If you don't know anything about the local school boards I did some research: there are 5 districts in Martin County and when you vote you are choosing a candidate for each district. Click Here